RegisterSign In

Post-Baccalaureate with a Master of Arts in Teaching - Special Education, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (K-12)

Walden University



Walden University's online Post-Baccalaureate program in Special Education, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (K-12) with a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) option offers students an unique program that will aid them in developing the education that is needed for working with students in a special education setting.

This online certification in special education program has been specifically designed to meet the standards set forth by the Council for Exceptional Children and the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium, and offer students a flexible option for developing the skills needed for working with various behavior and developmental strategies that can lead to a positive and inclusive learning environment for students with emotional and/or behavioral disorders.

During the course of this online certification program in special education students will:

  • Examine the characteristics of EBD youngsters in comparison to all learners
  • Learn how to promote positive behavior and effectively respond to misbehavior
  • Discover how to develop an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) that speaks to the learning needs of EBD students
  • Participate in supervised fieldwork and demonstration teaching to prepare you for the real-world life of a special educator

Students in this program will also have the option for furthering their education by taking an additional two research-based courses that will lead to a Master of Arts in Teaching.The goal of this online teaching degree is to enable its students with the knowledge that is needed for becoming leading educational experts and master teachers in order to expand their teaching repertoire and make a greater impact in the classroom.

For individuals seeking a comparable teaching license in a state other than Minnesota, Walden's advisors can provide individuals with guidelines and other information about licensure. It remains the individual's responsibility to understand and comply with the out-of-state licensure requirements for the state in which he or she seeks to be licensed, as requirements vary state by state.

Walden University makes no representation or guarantee that successful completion of any program or coursework will permit them to obtain state certification or licensure in their home state. Before Walden can recommend you for licensure to the Minnesota Board of Teaching, you must also pass the PRAXIS I and the PRAX.

All applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree or higher.

Accreditation Information

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

Similar degree programs