RegisterSign In

Post-Baccalaureate in Special Education, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (K-12)

Walden University



Walden University's online Post-Baccalaureate certification in Special Education, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (K-12) program offers students a flexible method for developing the knowledge and skills that are needed for teaching in the area of Special Education, Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (K-12).

During the course of this online Special Education program, students will examine the behavioral and developmental strategies that are required of those educators who are looking to lead positive and inclusive learning environments for their students in grades k-12.

Through the incorporation of the standards set by the Council for Exceptional Children Standards and the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium, this program offers students a flexibel online option for gaining the skills that are needed for promoting positive behavior and effectively responding to misbehavior.

While in this online special education certification course, students will:

  • Examine the characteristics of EBD youngsters in comparison to all learners
  • Learn how to plan for and support the individual needs and strengths of students with exceptionalities, in particular those with emotional and behavioral exceptionalities
  • Discover how to develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) that speaks to the learning needs of EBD students
  • Participate in supervised fieldwork and demonstration teaching to prepare you for the real-world life of a special education.

For individuals seeking a comparable teaching license in a state other than Minnesota, Walden's advisors can provide individuals with guidelines and other information about licensure. It remains the individual's responsibility to understand and comply with the out-of-state licensure requirements for the state in which he or she seeks to be licensed, as requirements vary state by state

Walden University makes no representation or guarantee that successful completion of any program or coursework will permit them to obtain state certification or licensure in their home state. Before Walden can recommend you for licensure to the Minnesota Board of Teaching, you must also pass the PRAXIS I and the PRAXIS II tests pertinent to your teaching content area.

All applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree or higher.

Accreditation Information

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

Similar degree programs