RegisterSign In

Post-Baccalaureate in Early Childhood Education with a Master of Arts in Teaching - (Birth-Grade 3)

Walden University



The online Post-Baccalaureate in Early Childhood Education with Master of Arts in Teaching - (Birth-Grade 3) certification/degree program from Walden University was created to develop its students' understanding of child development in educational environments for infancy through the early grades.

Based on national and academic standards, the unique online program offers students a flexible program that will enable them with the skills that are needed for fostering positive learning environments in the early education settings.

This program also offers its students an option of continuing their education past the Post-Baccalaureate in Early Childhood Education Certification to take two additional research courses that will give them a Master of Arts in Teaching.

During the course of this online teaching degree program will:

  • Address typical/atypical child behavior
  • Earn strategies to encourage a child's social skills and develop his/her individual strengths and abilities
  • Participate in virtual and supervised fieldwork to understand the factors that contribute to the learning lives of infants and toddlers, preschoolers, and primary-aged children
  • Complete your program working on-site with a certified early childhood educator

The Master of Arts in Teaching portion of this program have been created by experts in the field who are looking to develop their repertoire in order to make a greater impact in working with young children.

Individuals seeking a teaching license in a state other than Minnesota will be provided by Walden's advisors with guidelines and other information about licensure in their state.

Walden University makes no representation or guarantee that successful completion of any program or coursework will permit them to obtain state certification or licensure in their home state. Before Walden can recommend you for licensure to the Minnesota Board of Teaching, you must also pass the PRAXIS I and the PRAXIS II tests pertinent to your teaching content area.

All applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree or higher.

Accreditation Information

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

Similar degree programs