For those teachers who have a deep passion for teaching students how to read, the University of the Southwest has created their online Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction: Reading degree program.
This flexible online graduate degree in education - reading program will guide its students as they study the various theories and practices that are at the heart of the field.
As a student of the online reading degree program, individuals will study topics, such as:
- Instructional Strategies
- Professionalism, Issues, and Ethics in Education
- Culturally Diverse & Special Needs Population
- Education Research
- History & Philosophy of Reading Instruction
- Diagnostic/Corrective Reading
- Advanced Assessment
- Early Literacy & Language Acquisition
- Reading Comprehension/Core Knowledge
- Exceptional Populations in Regular Classrooms
University of the Southwest Master of Education degree in Curriculum & Instruction that emphasizes reading. This 36 credit-hour program, which includes a 3 credit-hour internship, can be completed through a fast track 12-month schedule, or you can tailor the timeline for completing the degree to fit your needs.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission