Kaplan University's online Master of Science in Education degree program was designed for those experienced K-12 educators, both those who are practicing and non-practicing, who have the advancing knowledge and broad experience that is needed for meeting today's national standards.
This is not an introductory program into teaching, but is instead a graduate program that will aid experienced educators in furthering their personal and professional skills.
This is also an excellent online program for those individuals who are looking to gain career advancement in areas of leadership, professional development, or mentoring.
As a part of this online education degree program, students will participate in job-embedded assignments, and so students to teach a consistent group of learners.
Professional instructors will guide students through every step of the way as they:
- Apply action research and other assessment theories and strategies to evaluate and improve your teaching practice and enhance student performance in the classroom
- Explore the reflective decision-maker model and develop competencies required for effective teaching, including various approaches to classroom management and discipline
- Focus on designing curricula for K-12 education in accordance with local and national standards
- Complete a capstone course in which you will implement the methodologies learned in your online coursework, collect and analyze data, and write an action research report focused on improving student learning
As a students in this online education degree program, individuals will learn to consider how to most effectively promote student learning and development and school achievement, as well as learn to demonstrate their understanding of the program's four knowledge goals:
- Diverse learners
- Academic content and pedagogy
- Professional responsibilities and relationships
This is an ideal education program for any individual who is looking to further their understanding of the exciting field of education, and who are wanting to enhance their knowledge of various educational, curricular, and instructional theories and practices.
Through sustained learning, job-embedded activities, collegial discussions, and engaging follow-ups, graduates will have acquired the knowledge and practical teaching skills that can have a positive impact on student achievement.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission