The online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Special Education for Certified Special Educators degree from Grand Canyon university has been created for any individual interested in advanced studies in special education and who is currently certified to teach special education.
The expert faculty members who have created it to fit the specific needs of adult learner and to maximize strengths that the student already possesses.
Each of the courses are taught by experts in their respective fields who share knowledge and experience in areas of learning disabilities, mental retardation, emotional and physical disabilities, and other physical and cognitive impairments.
Course topics that are included in this online Special Education degree program, include:
- Characteristics of Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities and Strategies to Teach Individuals With EBD
- Characteristics of Mental Retardation and Strategies to Teach Individuals With MR
- Characteristics of Students With Physical and Health Impairments and Strategies to Teach Individuals With PHI
- Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment: Literacy and Language Arts K-3
- Classroom Engagement and Management
- Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment: Literacy and Language Arts
Opportunities are provided to apply concepts, theories, and research throughout the program. Assignments within each course guide students through observational and practice based experiences.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to work with special needs populations and implement individualized educational plans to accommodate various learning needs of students with special needs.
Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree with Certification and Experience. Due to state requirements, we cannot accept inquiries from Arkansas.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission