Northcentral University's online Master of Education (MEd) Instructional Leadership degree program was created for those educators who are looking to develop the expansive skills that are needed for analyzing the instructional capacity of schools, improving student achievement, and develops teacher leaders in providing assessment and improvement strategies.
As a student in this online instructional leadership degree program, individuals will learn to utilize reflective decision making to assist with the development and implementation of practical solutions to education issues.
Throughout this online degree in instructional leadership degree, students will partake in a number online courses that will cover of topics, such as:
- Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Leading and Developing Human Capital
- Leadership in Educational Organizations
- Instructional Supervision and Leadership
- Education for Social Change
- Instructional Leader as Creator of Learning Culture
- Instructional Leader as Advocate and Decisioner
- Instructional Leader as Community Conduit
Graduates of this online degree in instructional leadership will have a in-depth understanding the dynamic relationships between education and a variety of social, institutional, economic, and cultural change processes. Learners will evaluate how broader events and trends affect the structure and purpose of educational systems.
Students must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission