The online Master of Education (MEd) English as a Second Language (ESL)/English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) degree from North Central University is an ideal program for any individuals who is looking to meet the growing demand for individuals that are trained to work with the increase diverse student population.
During the course of this online English as a Second Language degree program, individuals will enhance their skills in communicating with speakers of other languages and integrating techniques to successfully instruct students in English proficiency.
This online Master of Education program offers students a number of online English as a Second Language courses that will guide them in studying a variety of topics, including:
- Teaching Diverse Learners
- Foundations of Instruction for Non-English Language Background Students
- Assessment of Linguistically Diverse Students
- ESOLEnglish as a Second Language
- ESL and Bilingual Instructional Methods
- Second Language Acquisition
- Building Parent, School & Community Partnerships for ESOL Students
This program from NorthCentral University enhances skills in communicating with speakers of other languages and integrating techniques to successfully instruct students in English proficiency. (Note: Learners seeking ESL/ESOL certification should verify with appropriate state officials that this specialization meets applicable certification requirements.)
Students must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission