The M.A. in Teaching, Science (5-9 or 5-12) is a great way for individuals who already hold a bachelor's degree-preferably in science or a related field-to become certified middle school and high school science teachers and earn their master's degree at the same time.
This challenging program provides you with the essential skills and knowledge you need in effective teaching practices and foundations of teaching to become an effective science teacher. At the same time, the program incorporates additional elements necessary to earn a master's degree. As part of this program, you will also complete a supervised student teaching component designed to give you invaluable in-classroom experience.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging-The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited-Western Governors University is regionally and nationally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit-Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency-based-An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected-Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it's designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online-With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.