The M.A. in Science Education (5-9) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor's degrees who wish to earn secondary certification in general science. This challenging program provides you with the specialized knowledge and science teaching skills you need for secondary science certification to teach middle school general science. You will become a highly qualified general science teacher and develop sophisticated instruction and research skills.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging-The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited-Western Governors University is regionally and nationally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit-Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency-based-An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected-Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it's designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online-With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.