The Endorsement Preparation Program in English Language Learning (PreK-12) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor's degrees interested in ELL or ESL instruction, community college teachers who work in ELL or ESL settings, district instructional personnel and curricula leaders, and "emergency credentialed" ELL or ESL teachers who need an endorsement. With this endorsement, you will become highly qualified in ELL or ESL, increase your career opportunities, and earn re-licensure points.
This program is not for those who want to learn to speak and write the English language, nor for those interested in becoming English teachers or teaching English in a foreign country.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging-The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited-Western Governors University is regionally and nationally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit-Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency-based-An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected-Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it's designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online-With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.