The online Certificate in Gerontology - Management of Aging Services program from UMassOnline has been designed to be a flexible option individuals who are looking to upgrade their skills or advance in new directions within the field or for those looking to enter the field.
during the course of this online gerontology - management of aging services program student take five courses from an approved list of courses that will introduce them to topics, such as:
- Biological, epidemiological, psychological, and social changes caused by the aging process
- Cultural and social attitudes toward the aging
- Care and services that promote productive aging
- Multigenerational relationships
- The impact of an aging demographic on public policy
The emphasis will be on making this an easily accessible program through use of online courses. Class scheduling will reflect the needs of a working student population.
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education