The online Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies (BS-MDS) Grantham University degree program is designed to meet the educational needs of students. BS-MDS provides students with a variety of options to meet University requirements for an undergraduate degree grounded in the liberal arts or sciences. This online Multidisciplinary Studies program provides a larger number of course selections so that a student can tailor his/her degree to specific career specialization areas. This degree program includes a broad-based general education requirement as well as an "umbrella specialization" component allowing students to choose a specialty area within a larger structured liberal arts and sciences curriculum.
At the successful Multidisciplinary Studies completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Effectively communicate, incorporate and synthesize knowledge from at least two disciplines
- Demonstrate a theoretical and conceptual foundation in two disciplines included in the liberal arts degree
- Demonstrate acquired skills in research, writing, and presentation across two disciplines
- Distinguish the differences in principles and methods between two disciplines
- Use critical thinking skills to effectively solve problems
Distance Education and Training Council, Accrediting Commission