The online B.S. in Communication - Self-Designed degree from Walden University is an ideal program for those individuals who are looking for an online program that offers students the option of customizing your learning experience by selecting courses from other B.S. in Communication concentrations that best match your specific interests.
Throughout the course of this online degree in B.S. in Communication, students will study a curriculum that blends communication theory with practical communication skills. This includes ways to craft effective messages and to use new and emerging technologies to communicate effectively in today's global information society.
The online communication courses in this degree program will introduce students to topics, such as:
- Developing Student Portfolios for Communication
- Group Presentation and Discussion
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Essentials of Group and Organizational Communication
- Professional Writing for Successful Communication
- Communicating Through Media and Technology
- Communication and Thought
- Principles of Public Relations
- Critical ThinkingCritical Thinking
- Intercultural Communication
Whether you are pursuing a career in advertising, marketing, public relations, or promotions, or you are seeking to broaden your career options in other fields, Walden's B.S. in Communication will help you strengthen your communication skills and enhance your effectiveness in corporate, nonprofit, public sector, and community settings.
The field of communication encompasses many areas and applications.
To inquire for Bachelor's-level degree, must have High School Diploma/GED or higher
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission