The online Bachelor of Science in Communication - New Media degree from Walden University is the ideal for those individuals who are looking to participate in a program that blend communication theory with practical communication skills, and that application to new media.
Throughout the course of their online degree in new media, students will study the ways to craft effective messages and to use new and emerging technologies to communicate effectively in today's global information society.
Included in this online degree in communications, students will study various topics in the new media courses, including:
- Developing Student Portfolios for Communication
- Group Presentation and Discussion
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Essentials of Group and Organizational Communication
- Professional Writing for Successful Communication
- Communicating Through Media and Technology
- Communication and Thought
- Principles of Public Relations
- Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Intercultural Communication
Whether you are pursuing a career in advertising, marketing, public relations, or promotions, or you are seeking to broaden your career options in other fields, Walden's B.S. in Communication will help you strengthen your communication skills and enhance your effectiveness in corporate, nonprofit, public sector, and community settings.
In this concentration, you will explore new media tools such as blogs, podcasts, social networks, wikis, and Web conferencing. You will assess the usefulness of new media tools in increasing organizational effectiveness and reaching global markets. By the end of your program, you will be able to apply your understanding of new media as you design and create a prototype of a mass communication tool.
To inquire for Bachelor's-level degree, must have High School Diploma/GED or higher.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission