The B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies (K - 8) is designed to prepare you to become a licensed elementary school teacher. The program is a good fit for unlicensed substitute teachers, career changers, retired military personnel, school paraprofessionals, and others who feel the call to teach.
This challenging program combines a solid foundation of liberal arts content knowledge along with a comprehensive set of teaching skills to help you become an effective, highly qualified teacher. As part of this program, you will also complete a supervised student teaching component designed to give you invaluable in-classroom experience.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging - The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- NCATE Accredited - WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally and nationally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit-Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency-based - An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected - Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it's designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online-With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.