Gain the knowledge and the skills that are needed for teaching English across the world with the online BA/English Language Learner Studies from Ashford University.
English language learner services are in high demand around the world, with new job opportunities spreading to every continent.
Topics covered by the online English Language Learner courses, include:
- Linguistically & Culturally Diverse Learners
- Understanding & Teaching English Language
- Racial & Ethnic Groups
- Methods, Materials, & Technology for Learning a Second Language
- Listening & Speaking in a Second Language
- Reading & Writing in a Second Language
- English Language Teaching & Adult Learners
- Testing & Assessment for ELL Students
In this curriculum, you will learn how students acquire new skills and knowledge in a second language. As an educator in our modern global environment, you will find this degree a perfect fit for your career.
All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED; be age 22 or older; have work experience, preferably full-time work experience; meet the writing proficiency standards of the College of External Studies.