Rasmussen College's online Associate of Science in Early Childhood Education degree has created to instill in its students the knowledge that is needed for teaching children at their during that earliest and most important years.
As a student in this online early childhood education degree program, individuals will learn to promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development that is at the base of a child's health, education, and well being.
In this online Early Childhood Education degree program, students will learn the necessary knowledge that is needed for performing various tasks throughout their workday, such as:
- Assess educational potential or need of students
- Conduct field trips and parent conferences
- Convert information into instructional program
- Demonstrate physical activities
- Design classroom presentations
- Develop course or training objectives, instructional materials, and teaching aids
- Direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- Establish and maintain relationships with students
- Maintain group discipline in an educational setting
- Manage classroom activities (art, drama, music or related)
- Monitor children to detect signs of ill health or emotional disturbances, student classroom activities, and student progress
- Organize educational material or ideas, esteem building activities for children, and social behavior learning activities
- Recognize student learning levels and student problems
- Resolve behavioral or academic problems
- Select teaching materials to meet student needs
This online early education degree program has been specifically designed to enable its students to be a model, coach, and guide of young children.
Start making a difference in the lives of young children and earn your Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission