Specifically designed for those individuals who have an associate's or bachelor's degree, the online Advanced Start in Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies degree from Kaplan University offers a flexible online option for developing the knowledge and the skills that are needed for increasing their income potential and marketability in today's job market.
This is an excellent online degree program for those individuals who are looking for an innovative bachelor's degree that combines the career-oriented focus of a two-year degree with the academic curriculum of a four-year program, and will also guide them in developing the necessary skills that are required for succeeding within any professional setting.
This online professional studies degree program's curriculum emphasizes:
- Immediately transferable skills and competencies to help prepare students to understand, serve, and lead their organizations
- Written and verbal skills for effective communication in a broad variety of applications including writing and presenting reports and proposals
- Leadership and administrative competencies required by many organizations
- The application of quantitative reasoning, analysis skills, and critical thinking in real-world contexts
- Methods for researching, evaluating, and applying information to develop effective management skills in real-life situations
With the aid of this online degree in professional studies, students work to build their expertise across five themes central to the business world: creativity, research, socially responsible leadership, technology, and communications.
The program may include transfer courses, experiential credit, or Kaplan University courses in professional fields including a core of 45 credits in a recognized occupation. The program of study will be approved by the appropriate University staff member.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission