Education Resources: Tips for Student Success
Entering college can be a big step for teenagers or even adults who are going back to school. There are several differences between attending high school and going to college. One of the biggest differences is that in high school teachers will constantly push students to complete homework assignments, encourage classroom participation and attempt to get students to have the highest grades possible. However, in college, students are paying to attend school and therefore, while still be encouraged to do their best, they are not held to the same standards as high school students. This means that college students need to be more focused and self-directed in their studies in order to be successful.
Each student has their own learning style. Some need to visualize something in order to learn properly. Others need to hear things in class in order for them to learn and understand. Basically, there are several different types of learning styles. It is important for students and instructors to understand the different styles in order for a better chance at learning.
In addition, there are several tips that students can utilize to help study, taking exams and writing essays. And, improving your memory can be helpful in improving your studying habits and in success in your school career. The following tips and suggestions can be used by college students in the pursuit of a college education.
- Types of Learning Styles – Listing of several of the commonly determined learning styles along with information about each.
- Learning Styles – Helpful page providing an overview of various learning styles and how they function.
- Success Type Indicators – Informative page on styles and how they can become successes in education.
- Learning Style Tips – Useful information on different types of ways that people can learn.
- How Do You Learn? – Information on three of the typical learning styles that people have and how they translate to education.
- Tips for Effective Study – Information and suggestions on how to properly study are covered in this web page.
- Where to Study – Helpful article providing suggestions on where and how to study while in college.
- How to Study – Well written resource giving practical hints and suggestions on how students can study properly.
- Study Tips for College – Fun and helpful article providing ten tips that students need to survive and thrive in college.
- Study Tips for Students – Informative page with information on how students can better manage time for fun and studies while in college.
- College Study Advice – Useful article for college students written by U.S. News and World Reports providing advice on how to properly study while attending college.
- Study Tips for College – Information and recommendations for college students on how they can use their time to study effectively.
Exam and Test Taking
- College Exam Tips – Ten suggestions on things to do to be prepared to take exams and tests in college.
- Exam Stress – Helpful page with six tips on how to overcome the stress of taking college level exams.
- Tips for Taking College Exams – University of Arizona page listing ten tips to help students prepare and take their exams.
- Test Taking Guide for Students – Information and suggestions for college students on how to take any test or exam.
- Taking Online Exams – Useful information for students taking tests online and how they can prepare differently than an in-person exam.
- Tips for Taking Online Exams – Informative page with helpful suggestions on how distance education students should take online exams.
- Test Taking Strategies – Web page providing information on simple strategies that can be used to effectively take college tests.
Writing Essay Tips
- Basic Guide to Essay Writing – Simple suggestions are made in this page giving writers ideas on how to write better essays.
- How to Write an Essay – Helpful page providing ten easy steps that writers can follow while writing a paper or essay.
- Essay Writing Tips – Ten suggestions on how students can easily write your college or high school essays.
- Tips on Writing Essays – Seven helpful tips on how to improve your essay writing.
- Essay Writing Suggestions – Basic tips on how to write an effective college or university level essay.
- How to Improve Your Memory – Tips and suggestions that students and others can use to improve their memory.
- Improving Concentration and Memory – Useful strategies that college students can utilize to improve their memory and concentration.
- Memory Techniques – Informative article providing twenty proven techniques to improve memory systems in students.
- Memory Improvement – Information on what can be done to help students improve long-term and short-term memory.
- Improving Memory – Comprehensive information on what college students and colleges can do to help in memory improvement in academics.
- Memory and Retention Improvement – Helpful information and strategies that can be implemented to help in memory and fact retention.
We hope you have enjoyed these tip. Feel free to use them to have success while in college and beyond. And, by following some of these suggestions, academic success in college is within reach.
More About College Basics
- How to Stand Out in Your Online Class Discussions
- Payday Loans Go Online. Should You Check It Out? (Spoiler: No.)
- FICO's New Credit Score 9: How They Could Affect College Students
- The Corinthian College Debacle: What It Means for its Students
- How to Set Your Own Deadlines: Tips for Success
- The Affordable Care Act Deadline Passed. What Now?
- How to Ask for More Money From Your Student Aid Office: Without Seeming Entitled
- Six Homework Hacks That Make Studying Online Easier