RegisterSign In

What degree do you need to become a speech-language pathologist?

1669 Views | Save to Account
Asked by Phoenix Tuesday Dec 15th 2009 in Career Planning
  • answers
A Rating 1

The American Speech-Language Association is the leading organization when it comes to speech pathology in the United States, and they state that to work as a speech pathologist you will need:

2 years of post graduate work

A completed clinical fellowship year

Which is generally employment for a year while supervised by a practicing SLP who is also ASHA certified

And passing the Praxis Series examination

The graduate degree work to acquire a master's in Speech-Language Pathology is rigorous and demanding, requiring many hours of supervised clinical practice, and intensive didactic coursework in medical sciences, phonetics, linguistics, phonology, scientific methodology, and other subjects.

After doing a little searching, I have found one degree that is an excellent place to start your path: Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Studies - Speech and Language Therapy

was this answer helpful? yes no
  • related questions
answer now

What college would I go to for a bachelor in biology?

answer now

What are the odds that I can get into a school like Carelton or Macalester?

answer now

What kind of jobs can I get with a baccalaureate degree in biotechnology?

answer now

what are the cultures and nations that were involved in slavary?

Ask your own question!

256 characters left