RegisterSign In

What courses are you required to take to become a travel agent?

2775 Views | Save to Account
Asked by shaneisha Wednesday Sep 24th 2008 in Career Planning
  • answers
A Rating 0

There are a variety of options that you can take to become a travel agent; it just all depends on what your final goals are.

Online courses offer students the opportunity to become certified in various travel agent related areas such as:

Tour Operator Certification
Taking Off In Travel
Travel Agent Certification
All of these courses will give a specific certification, and will help you to obtain a position in areas such as:

Travel Agent
Tour Operators
Car Rental Companies
Independent Travel Agent

However, there is another option. If you are looking to take your career to the top level, might I suggest you look into an advanced degree program, such as a Bachelor's or Associates degree, which offers its graduates the opportunity to gain those upper-level travel jobs. Here are a couple programs that might be of interest:

Associate of Arts in Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management

was this answer helpful? yes no
  • related questions
answer now

I would like to recieve a syllabus for the online exercise physiology course. Also I would like to know it the course is offered from a college that is accredited.

answer now

What are the characteristics of becoming a school psychologist?

answer now

Do University of Phoenix doctoral candidates in education write a dissertation? Are these published with abstracts in the dissertation indexes?

answer now

Can I do two degrees from open or distance university in one year?

Ask your own question!

256 characters left