RegisterSign In

Can an illegal immigrant apply for financial aid or grants?

1897 Views | Save to Account
Asked by GeishaDoll Wednesday Jan 12th 2011 in Financial Aid
  • answers
A Rating 0

No. Illegal immigrants do not qualify for federal financial aid; however, there are a number of States that do offer illegal immigrants who have completed high school in the state In-State Tuition Rates.

This include:



New York





New Mexico

Oklahoma and Kansas

If you are interested in this topic, let me suggest you take a look at this article: The DREAM Act: What it Could Mean for Immigrant Students. It discusses the current climate of this issue.

was this answer helpful? yes no
  • related questions
answer now

A friend of mine is an inmate in a State prison who has just gained his High School Diploma. He is very interested in furthering his education and I am trying to find out if there are courses he can apply for that are free of charge. Obviously in prison he does not have the funds to pay for a course and has no access to the internet. Are there courses where he might be able to get support and help in his studies?

answer now

What kind of degree do I need to be a chef?

answer now

National institute of business, India is offering various courses in management by distance mode. I wish to join MBA course. I wish to know whether it is a recognized organization and it`s certificate is given value in corporate world?

answer now

I live in oklahoma and need to go to school online due to work schdule,but i would like to know who or where I can find out if oklahoma will accept an online degree when it comes time for internships and state certification?

Ask your own question!

256 characters left