Asking any international students (especially Asian), how do you cope with the new situation? Do you get along with the native people? How do you make friends?
Going to college as an international student holds a unique set of struggles and conflicts for students. One of the largest struggles is finding friends in their new surroundings. Recent studies have proven similar results for international students.
If you are worried about making friends in your new college, here are some tips to help you through the process:
- Make yourself visible by going for walks and attending events
- Join clubs or organizations focused on international students
- Join clubs or organizations focused on your major
- Connect with students in your classes
- Spend time with both local and international friends
- Find a balance between studying and social activities
- related questions
I would like to take an online course. How long will I be able to access the course?
What college (UC or CSU) will accept Ashford University Credits in California?
What type of jobs can you do if you have a BA in Mgt, major in eBusiness?
I am looking to get a degree in grant writing, but is there an online college that supports this request?